Friday, February 25, 2011

Sincerly

A couple entries ago (now deleted) I went on a rant about a situation I found myself in with a friend and her boyfriend.  I ranted and raved, and though I edited until only a summary the hurt was still spread through the Internet.

I started this blog to have my say put out in the world, to start a "platform" and though my adventure is early I have found myself wavering. I wanted to be able to share my life's experiences, ask for help, talk about writing, painting and all my other hobbies, and share.

But I have over-shared. With that entry I became my own version of a blog terrorist. Bombing one person and taking everyone with me.

This is my formal apology to that friend for all I said that hurt her. This is my formal apology to anyone who reads my blog for straying from the path so early on in my adventure.

But there is something to be learnt from this. Bloggers have a point. This is not my livejournal or diaryland account. This is not my online diary where I can spill my hurt and pain and anger, no this is not high school. This is a blog, this is my shout out to to world that I should have attention paid to me. I have a point in what I am trying to do, and every post should go towards that point, just like the chapters of a novel. Only this one doesn't end.

I also need to learn to be what I would want to read. I don't want to read some angsty teenager bitch about how much life sucks and everybody is out to get them, no I want to read hilarious escapades or shades of life. If I want to read of heartbreak, I want to read it in its writhing, honest pain, not in a melodramatic portrayal of it.

So, though I know I will have many side trips into wedding planning and my life, I hope to get on track and enlist interest once again.

1 comment:

Danie Smith said...

Well said Deirdre!