Saturday, February 5, 2011

Edits, Tailors, and Exercise

Bum da da dum!

We met the tailor this morning. She is ah-mazing! We figured out that if we add crinoline to the dress that we may not even have to hem in! heck yes! that saves the awesome embroidery at the bottom as well as makes the resale better a bit better.

I then went to the gym and played a pretty decent game of racquetball then went up stairs to the cardio room where they have weight machines as well. And you know what? they have like BRAND NEW MACHINES. yes the old YMCA has brand new machines, newer in fact then our leisure center (which is where everybody goes when they want to check out other people 19 and under) but these machines at the Y had BUTTONS. Yeah that's right, you heard me, buttons. On the end of each handle there was a button, one to make the weight heavier, one to lessen it. There was also a little screen that told me what the weight was and how many reps i have done. Oh em gee, that brought my exercise to a whole nother game. I had  both hands ahead of me pressing buttons and imagining myself on some sort of star wars speed racer. Yeah my arms a bit sore, but it was fun.

Then there was editing. Last night I was editing for the first few times in a while. I edited and then I got stuck. I am at a scene that needs to be rewritten. There's a lot that needs to be added to it, but its boring to me. That shouldn't be good that what I need to write bores me? Its a transition chapter, needs the passing of time. But I want it to be fun, its supposed to be fun - my character is supposed be having fun, feeling strong, being single - she isn't bored with whats going on with her. So i guess I need to get in touch with why she isn't bored. I think this needs some research in fun by myself. Perfect timing with Andrew on his way to working in Alberta.

So I have my homework for my writing. have you ever had to give yourself homework for your WIP?

I leave you with a picture of Angelina Jolie, I'm thinking this style for wedding hair. Yeah, after the tailor visit my mind is still clearly stuck in wedding land!

No comments: