Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Excuse Me

Oh my poor, poor blog! I have been lacking in my attention to you this past week. But I have excuses reasons, I swear!

  1. I have been too busy.
    1. When I am at work, my boss is here giving me work so I can't slack off write delectable stories for you.
    2. Aside from that when I am at home I am either busy keeping my mind of Andrew being gone, or doing some chore that I have been putting off for a year.
    3. That is unless it is Monday, Wednesday or Saturday - in which case I am playing Racquetball and pumping iron (not really iron, it's like hydraulics and there's buttons and its awesome!)
  2. I don't have anything interesting to write. OK that one is sort of a lie. I do, but with time constraints I don't want to rush it out and leave a less than spectacular blog entry sitting on the Internet (yes I realize I have done this a few times now)
  3. I'm all bummed and end up going on and on about how much I miss Andrew and my life is, like, over until I see him again *eye roll*
  4. That's actually all the excuses reasons I can think of right now.
It's not you, it's me. But just so you know, I'm going to try a lot harder! I'm going to try and nurse some amazing blog entry all day long, so that by the end of the day I have something worthwhile to put out there, something to make you proud of me, dearest blog.

Now, can I please go on to talk about more wedding stuff? No? Too bad, I'm the one doing the typing!

I have a wedding dress, this I have known for a while, but now I have a wedding dress that is being sized, and will be able to do up all the way because it will have all loops needed! 

Then mom surprised me last night with a headband with this SUPER cute flowery feathery thinger that I will remove so it can go in my hair (the flowery thing, not the headband) and maybe I will try a craft day thing and add some netting so it looks a bit more ol' school.

And invitations are DONE! hells yes! Though I keep remembering that there are people I forgot to add to the list, like my dad's best friend.

And all this talk about wedding stuff reminds me of our budget. Yes, that thing that has been like Marmee Noir ** lurking over my dreams and head like a nightmare/monster.  Well I figured out that we have it pretty good. The biggest expense we may have is food (well and the DJ, but can't do anything about that) so if the whole Andrew-work-in-Alberta deal doesn't work then we can always just suggest a potluck. Worked for my mom. And yeah it's not classy, but the important thing is Andrew and I, not the food, necessarily.

Speaking of Andrew and Alberta, looks like things are getting a bit better - he's taking 2 courses out there that he needs to work on the oil rigs. He'll be done them come the end of the week and can then call rigs he has already spoken to about jobs. This is exciting. I have very, very high hopes.

Speak of high hopes, which reminds me of wishes - wish me luck on pushing through this one part of my manuscript. As I mentioned before I am stuck, not blocked, but not excited to move forward. I guess it's the starting of being blocked. I may have to move past and hope that I can remedy it in the 2nd round of edits.

**Marmee Noir is a bad lady in Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake series

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Your exc--reasons sound similiar to mine. At least the busy bit... no weddings or anything to plan here lol.

Hope everything comes together for you and in fantastic ways you didn't expect.

I'm in the same place with my story, not overly blocked or stuck, just kinda meh about continuing to write.