Friday, February 11, 2011

A guest appearance from the Franticly Writing Bride - a.k.a. Deirdre

So this is going to be a quick post while I gear up for the weekend while waiting for Friday day to be done.

Drum roll please! We have officially ordered and have on the way the flower girl dress! Yes! I am a bit nervous cause I bought it on e-bay. But thank you sellers in china for selling me a full flower girl dress for $0.99. chya. Shipping is all of $12.00 so pretty good deal overall.  No this dress is Ivory, with an A-line. Will have a Plum sash that hopefully matches the Bridesmaid dresses, but if not we will take some hemings from some of the shorter maids and make that a sash.

And if I hate that dress, there is always a backup. A silk (look a like) plum dress, which in the picture looks almost identical in color to the maids) (yep, I'm just going to keep calling em maids from now on, maybe go onto maidens, just for the hell of it) similar style with a a bow (well possibility) but its shiny vs the maids (hehe) that are mat from the other layer of see through stuff on top. :) I'm too excited to use the proper fabric terms.

So yay!

So next week I expect to get this bundle of joy (not baby) and you can hear me gushing on and on or ranting on and on.

So for the rest of this weekend, I will be: meeting up with the wonderful woman who is going to be doing our cake and cupcakes to chat about said cake and cupcakes. Which I found two super cute designs I like (see below)

Obviously I would like A & D on there or a P for Andrew's, and soon to be my own, last name. or I guess a heart or something, but initials would be cuter.

 I loved this cake! Of course we are not having a huge cake, but rather having lots of cupcakes and one small cake to do the cutting and for wedding party to chow down on. So in having only one cake I looooooove love love the middle tear. The quilted look. With our plum colors! Ugh to die for! Right?  *Squee!* way too excited!

So then I am moving on to hair, since I have my handy dandy drive here with all my wedding stuff (err some of it) I have the two hair styles I am undecided between. I want something classy, not too fussy, but still elegant. So I am stuck between two basically the same hair styles.
I think I would rather have my hair over one shoulder so I can also then hide in the back some kind of headpiece possible with a flower and/or beading with netting (mom got me one that is minus the netting but I may add it)

It all falls down to the Angelina hairstyle, which honestly I am in love with and think is 100% the winner.

So there we have it. A quick update that was hastily written so I can get all my wedding excitement out in one burst (ya right)

The rest of my weekend, since I was originally talking about that, involves seeing my very cute newly 1 year old nephew, who I do not see nearly enough! I am actually pretty excited to see this little guy, and I know I'll be a bit sad he wont have this bone deep recognition that "omg that's auntie!" but oh wells. He's only one, that can come later right?

Then I will be off to racquetball and to work my but off! I had a seriously amazing work out yesterday. I have been somewhat worried because I haven't yet been sore. My abs are a bit sore after I put my all into yesterday's workout. So looks like I'm actually going somewhere.

So yeah.

That's my weekend.

At some point I plan on painting a set of 4 paintings as well. Small and rectangular with a sunset/sunrise/sky and a yoga pose in silhouette (yeah i know, I did a Love themed one, a seasons one, and now yoga. but what can i say? I'm a sucker for silhouettes!)

So Happy weekend to you all. Please come back when I am at my normal and less giddy and frantic in my writing. I promise it will happen soon. ~.^

No comments: