Monday, January 31, 2011

Getting over the Grumps

Today is one of those days where I just want to sit down and cry my eyes out. Yep. I want to be a baby- soother and mommy holding me n'all.

I'm doing alright with Andrew gone to Alberta. We talk multiple times a day so I get a bit of a fix with his voice.

I have my trusty best friend "A" who is by my side encouraging me and generally being a great best friend. I have family who worries, and I, of course, have my Twitter and Facebook friends. There are other people as well.. but these are who I talk to most regularly. So with this support group made of lover, friends, family and strangers - I am doing alright.

But this morning was not an alright morning. I came into work, read some notes from my boss explaining how I need to fix something, read a rather mean text message from a good friend's boyfriend, and proceeded to cry. I bawled my eyes out sitting at my desk trying to fix the Internet at work because it wasn't working either! (Now I don't usually cry at a drop of the hat, but I didn't sleep much last night, had to deal with bad traffic and a tail gaiter my whole drive in, the parkade garage door was broken, and, and, and ...*hysterical sobs*) So it was my own version of a series of unfortunate events.

So, although my head is pounding from a good cry and I just want to curl up and go to sleep I am going to get to the pile of work on my desk and am stubbornly set to turn my day around... just as soon as I can stop pouting.

I have, so far, been doing pretty good at keeping the grumps away. I mentioned in my last post about Racquetball with my faved "A". I  have slowly been tackling chores that have needed to be done. I think our house will be as clean as ever come the time I see Andrew again.

Oh I also heard from him. Looks like he may be heading to a two month contract *whimper & whine*. Good Money, Bad Deirdre's heart. I'll survive. I have the wedding to look forward to, right?

So I am still a bit sore but its Racquetball again tonight. With a promise to my body to sit in the hot tub afterwards.

I feel like I am already starting to show results. Of course I am again refusing to look at a scale, so I can't really know. (BTW me showing results is wearing a size too small yoga pants at home and realizing their starting to fit less like one of those strings people use to cut clay.) Yay!

So exercise helps the grumps - or at least the angry part

Distraction and cleaning help the thinking part of the grumps.

But what about the general sad part? The part where I just feel like I have been beaten? I don't know yet. It's one type of grump at a time. But I am getting better. Even as I write this I am starting to have a better outlook, truly get excited for Racquetball date tonight, and even have a better outlook for my job.

So is writing the cure for the last part of the Grumps? I don't know. ]


The point is I am getting better, and we can prepare for blogs that are less sad and pathetic and more like the first few that were all humor and sarcasm and trying to be helpful.


No comments: