Friday, April 1, 2011

The Panic of the Bride

It has set in. Officially.

In less than 2 months I will cease to be Deirdre Randall. I will be Deirdre Puff, or Deirdre Randall-Puff, haven't necessarily decided yet.  Either way. I will no longer be just Deirdre Randall. I haven't even started practicing a new signature yet!

I'm starting to panic though, well and truly panic. I have moments at work where I'm all "la dee da" working away and then it hits me and I'm searching for a paper bag and my cell phone to call my MOH or the lady at the hall - who I am sure died or came down with some mysterious disease that prevents her from being able to use  A FREAKING PHONE!

So you want some history on my outburst? Andrew and I have been trying to get a hold of the lady of the hall for 2 months, since before he left. We have left numerous voice mails. No response back.

I'm sure our voice mails started out nice: "Hi this is Deirdre and Andrew, we have a wedding May 21, can you please call us back so we can give you the money?"

To what it is now: *high pitched panicky voice* "Hi this is Deirdre. you know, the bride who has been trying to reach you for two months now. Yeah. Just wondering if you could call me back at your earliest convenience *clenched teeth* so we could make sure that we can actually GET MARRIED AT YOUR HALL. And yes we would love to give you the deposit, and I need to see the tables and chairs for decor. Oh and did I mention the wedding is now in LESS THAN 2 MONTHS! no? well it is. So as you can imagine I am one *very* panicked bride. mm k. Thanks. Call. Now. <phone number>"

...I better get a call.

I have now resorted to emailing community "leaders" in the area to see if she died or something. I may feel bad if she did... but honestly I probably wont. That sounds mean. Ah the onset of the True Bridezilla. Should I rename my blog that?

But the hall isn't the only thing. There's rings. Andrew's is ordered. Andrew hasn't even thought about mine, well ok I don't know if he has. I have the bridesmaid gifts waiting at the jewelery store. Groomsmen gifts need to be bought and engraved. and then there is the whole matter of FOOD AND ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!

My drinks for the night are taken care of. I can get Andrew's bottle. We need wine (and it will be cheap) for the tables. But what about the rest of the part?

I need to confirm how long the DJ will be there for - and therefore how much money I need saved for him.

I need to send him pictures.

I need to send him our music choices.

I need to make sure Lysh has her speech written - but not know what it is.

The guys need their freaking tuxes.

*searches for paper bag*

I am a normal human being who can handle this. I have an amazing maid of honor who will help. I have amazing bridesmaids that will listen to me bitch. I can do this. I can do this.  *repeat until feeling better*

No comments: