Friday, April 8, 2011

Oh the Excitement!

This week has been a week of very high, highs, and some lows.

After the weekend of moving and fighting and everything previously mentioned, this week has been a welcome escape.

On Tuesday I met my Aunt at Michael's and we got the silk flowers for my bouquet. Also the flower girl basket and charm that will hold my Grandpa's picture. (1 on the excitement meter)

On Wednesday Andrew got my wedding band. And of course I tried it on and made sure it was perfect... and it is! (Lets put another notch on the excitement meter) We also went and saw the hall - perfect the design for the wedding, checked the plates (and ohmygosh their kitchen is awesome!), general seating and placement, got to see what has been done so far on my bouquet (FREAKING SO AMAZING!) and perfected the processional and walk with my song! (10 notches on the excitement meter) I then went and had a Bridal meeting at my MOH's new house. Gave my niece her nurse watch thinger, and got some stuff ready for the Bridal Shower, and generally got to bask in the amazingness that this wedding is becoming. (another 3 points). So basically Tuesday and Wednesday were amazing.

Yesterday, of course, had to counteract it a bit by having my car refuse to start, me have to take my day off work and send it in to get fixed. But at the same time it wasn't as expensive as it could be, Andrew had his first day at the new job, I got my nails done by En Vouge - Nails by Jen.  Which were freaking ah-mazing! ..see! She hand painted the designs on them! Man is she good!

Plus I got my Bridesmaid gifts and some other smaller items like picture frames and bridal shower favors. All for super cheap!

The other crappy part of yesterday was that Andrew's hours at work can go up to 13 hours, and since he started and they were already a week behind - plus they had to go through Vancouver to get home since the bridge at Coquitlam had an accident, and then they were locked out of the gate - he was exhausted when he got home. I'm fine with that, except I expected him home 3 hours before he did get home. So dinner was made (then eaten by me) and I got all the presents and did all running around then went grocery shopping. Which ended up taking me 2 loads because they were so heavy and it's been 3 months since I've had to buy food for lunches. Ugh!

But I am still riding high off of all the wedding stuff.

Another plus, I get in to work today and boss tells me "we should discuss me going up in pay" sweet! I guess her day yesterday was as eventful as mine.

Speaking of work, I am off to it.

PS: Yeah I get to go see Riverdance tomorrow with my Aunts and Mom! Thanks to my Auntie Marilyn's new husband, Lee, for giving up his ticket - so I could benefit! I am so excited. I've wanted to see Riverdance since I was a wee one! Woot!

No comments: