Monday, March 21, 2011

A weekend of Painting

Well it's official. Andrew goes back to Northern BC again to work tonight.

I have once again neglected my dear blog, but for a good reason - Andrew's home!

I probably will again next week as his check comes in and wedding plans can really start getting underway. But I will find time to update you. I promise.

As it has been the past 2 months, writing hasn't come easy for me. My need to write has paled in comparison to my need to paint this past while.

Even this weekend, amidst my favorite man being home, I still found time to paint two of the largest paintings I have ever done.

Saturday was a blue sky painting inspired by the sunny skies on my commute home last week. Painted on a 70 x 90 cm canvas it was my first really large painting.

Last night was what I refer to as my Spanish Dancer. Black white and red, and very dramatic. It sits as the largest at 80 x 100 cm. I am so proud of them and though I LOVE them, I need to find a home for them as I have officially run out of wall space in my apartment.


For my Blue skies painting I am looking to sell around $100 and the Spanish Dancer at $150. As always it is by the best offer, but price is based largely on the size of the canvas.

Let me know what you think, I am constantly looking for feedback on my art!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Beautiful! I've always been fascinated with the sky and it's ability to host a million colors and I applaud you for a brilliant job painting it!

The dancer is great, vivid but simple, my favorite. Things don't need to be complicated to make a splash.

Good luck selling both!