Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back in the Saddle

I'm back in the groove baby! No, not with writing, that has been blocked for a while now (though sci-fi ideas have been streaming in my head - a genre i would not normally find any interest in) and painting has died down as I have no current project running. No, I mean I am back in the groove of exercising! Yeah baby!

I have found out some interesting facts about how I work out... er what I burn when I am working out. The most amazing one is that 1 hour of casual racquetball (which is about what we usually play for every 2nd day) burns 636 calories. Like holy eff!

So let's take yesterday as an example. I ate 1158 calories (give or take a few)  I burnt 160 calories on treadmill and cycle. So I thought my total calorie number for the day was 998 cal. But I couldn't figure out what Racquetball would equal. Looked it up this morning and it turns out that my total calories for the day would be 362!

Um... ok that's only one meal. Basically. I had three well balanced meals yesterday (and a snack after working out as I figured I burned a sandwich's worth.

Is that right that i minus what I burned from what i ate? That seems logical.

Now. I do know I am not eating enough (though I am all for the fast weight loss, but I don't want my body to go into starvation mode!) I have read in a couple places that you should not go under 1,200 cal intake without medical supervision.
Also after doing a BMR calculation (which I found at Ask.com) I figured that to maintain my weight (chya like I want to do that) I should have an intake of 2208.83 calories. And to loose one pound one week I should be in taking 1708.83 calories. And I know it is unhealthy but I am aiming at the 1200 cal mark because well its 2 months and 2 weeks till the wedding, and I want to not have so many chins!

I am also taking vitamins. I figured my bout of being sick for nearly a month is because I drastically changed  my diet and didn't add any vitamins that I was now missing. I found a multivitamin for people losing weight. so went with that one (no name brand type deal so it was cheaper)

I know this is one boring blog entry, but I had to share it and share my excitement at getting back on the exercise train!

No comments: