Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Faith is the belief in something more than what you know

My heart has been hanging pretty heavy these last few days because of rumors and gossip regarding Andrew. I have chosen to trust and beleive him. I had thought long and hard before coming to that conclusion.

I simply ask all friends and well wishers to not talk about this unless there is proof. I only want to hear about it when there is proof. I will not destroy Andrew and mine's relationship over anything less than that - not to say it would be a destruction of our relationship. There are many succesful relationships throughout history and our present that have flourished after such issues.

And to those of you who wish us wrong - well some relationships are stronger. I beleive ours can and will conquer all the roadblocks life, and ourselves, throw in its path.

I leave you with some thoughts that have made me stronger these past couple days.

 
What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth.  ~Jewish Proverb

There is so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us,
That it hardly becomes any of us
To talk about the rest of us.
~Edward Wallis Hoch


Rumors are seen as crimes committed by third parties. They are perfect crimes and leave not the slightest trace and require no weapons whatsoever--the defense is left without a leg to stand on.
JEAN-NOEL KAPFERER

Rumors are hearsay; they are told, believed, and passed on not because of the weight of evidence but because of the expectations by tellers that they are true in the first place.
ERICH GOODE & NACHMAN BEN-YEHUDA


A plausible rumor
Seems a lot more believable
Than the truth itself.
KOBO ABE

And the song that:s been pulling me through: Keep on Loving you - by Reba
with such striking lyrics as:
Love takes the patience of Job
That's what my Mama always said
Faith is the belief in something more than what you know
That's what the Good Book says
You gotta play the cards you got
Who knows what fate is holding
At times you gotta go without knowing where you're going


[chorus]
Lord knows we've had our share of fights
Our sleepless nights, our ups and downs
We've had plenty and then some of baby I'm gones and turnarounds
Sometimes I swear it might be easier to throw in the towel
Someday we're gonna look back
Say look at us now


[chorus...]




No comments: