Friday, June 10, 2011

The long awaited blog post

I've almost been married a month. It seems crazy. It also seems crazy that I haven't written a blog entry in nearly that long. I should have right away - with the high and memories so crisp and clear. Well they still are, but I am riding less of a wedding day high and have settled into married life (which to tell you the truth is much like normal life).

I still haven't gotten all of the pictures from the Wedding. I am currently making up a scrap book and can't decide if I should just post all of the pictures or Scan in the scrapbook pages so you can see everything in my creative wonder with little notes as to what was going on and who's who.

For those of you who are too impatient to wait for me to artistically display my wedding, well here is the photo bucket album with a partial amount of photos. Deirdre & Andrew's Wedding <- go there.

We still haven't even written our thank you cards. We're waiting for some of the (bound to be amazing) photos from Dad before we make a decision on which one we will use for the front of the thank you cards. We haven't forgotten though! So be patient!

So wedded life is good. it is normal. We just got our Marriage Certificate back and I will slowly but surely start changing over my name. I am still working on my signature. I had a hard time the first few days. My signature ended up looking like DRanuff, then moved to DPanuff now its finally getting down to DPuuuf... I'm still not used to a short last name... my hand just wants to keep signing away. I imagine by next month I'll have the new signature down.

Aside from recovering from the wedding life has been normal.

Well there have been some exceptions with my health. I went for a blood test last Saturday and it turns out I have a low thyroid count. So this whole time I've been moody, had a lower then normal sex drive and gaining weight and unable to loose no matter how hard I try (ok I only lost a bit, not as much as I thought I should have, being totally honest) and of course the messed up periods...was all because I have a messed up thyroid. Apparently this commonly happens in women after a pregnancy or miscarriage. Another side effect is depression - which makes sense as lately I have been quite depressed, but I would also tie that in with the weight gain.

So on Monday I see my regular doctor to start medication. My sister in law has the same problem and I am a bit worried as she said medication is expensive, and if I have low iron, the shots can be painful. The expensive part worries me more as neither Andrew or myself have any health coverage aside from what is standard in Canada.

So wedding, health, anything else new?

We rearranged our living room, made a mini shrine to the wedding on a wall and I did some planting on the deck to get some summer around us. I haven't painted, though I have been wanting to. Currently my painting room is storage for everything we moved out of the living room - So it is not a very comfortable place to let myself go.  I've also had a lack of initiative to do anything.

There is one thing I have initiative to do, however, and that is go camping! I have decided that Andrew and I definitely need to get our camp on this year. I wanted to go to Osoyoos, but the campsite there is already all booked up. There are a couple others, but my heart is now set on Green Lake. I haven't been there since I was a kid and I am going to attempt to get mom and aunts and cousin's together to relive the giant camping trip I remember as a kid. Granted it will be a bit off as half of the people (ie: half sister, dad, uncles) have divorced or disbanded, but I still think it would be great - some of us cousins are still close enough to pull it together. It also wont be as large, for me, as I don't have a camper or dad's budget ^.^ Eventually I hope we'll be able to have the kind of awesome camping trips I had in my childhood, but that takes hard work to get there.

Oh we have had some happy news though! Seems our wedding has spawned a slew of others. Andrew's little brother Joey and his g/f Alyshia are engaged! They don't have a date yet, but are looking for next year. My own older sister, Angie, is getting married to her b/f Randy. I am very happy for Angie, but personal issues from before pull me back a little. I worry that he will hurt her, but I hope that this commitment strengthens their relationship and solidifies it, and that he will never hurt her again. She deserves happiness - more then anyone I know. Rumor also has it that Andrew's cousin will start planning a wedding again, though she is going to deliver her 2nd baby, a boy this time, this year. I think it would be great! And give us an excuse to travel!

Well that's it for now. Will try to not let my times away be so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting, thanks

Deirdre Puff said...

Thanks, I always appreciate new readers!