Monday, May 16, 2011

It's almost here!

5 days till I am Mrs. Puff. 5. FREAKING. DAYS.

I've gotten asked a lot if I am nervous. Nope.

Andrew and I are so casual when we say it too. "Are you getting nervous?" "Nope." maybe add in a shrug for good measure.

I feel sort of bad. Like we should be grinning ear to ear, twitching with the expectations that married life should have. But we don't. We know what married life holds, the same as it holds for us now.

The thing is it feels right. It feels normal. This is like waking up in the morning and going pee. It's just the order of things. We knew it was coming, and despite all we've had to work through, we know it's going to stick.

I overheard my mom talking to my opa about our upcoming nuptials. The one sided conversation went along the lines of how it's me and Andrew forever. We're marrying once, and only once.

Now all of this is not to say I'm not excited for our big day. Oh am I ever! I am excited to wear my dress and walk down the isle, and cry tears of joy and see the same in Andrew's face, in my family's faces. I'm excited to party and have all of that. But I am also excited to just get on with life as Mrs. Puff.

I do, expect the nerves to come out of my dreams (cause at 3 am that is where they are hiding) and eventually show up in me as the date gets closer.... but so far so good.

No comments: