Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Count down begins

The wedding countdown has begun (ok it was already on, but now its serious!) 11 days until the big day. Until I leave my days of childhood fun before (pfft) and become a women (pfft, again) or at least become Mrs. Puff.

With such a fun new last name will I end up evolving to what that name evokes? Randall is such a stiff name. I think of Randall's I think of ramrod straight backs, yes sir's and no elbow's on the table. I think of Puff I think of camping and playing in the wild, and yes cream puff's - but I've had a mean sugar tooth lately.

Will I become more fun as my new name becomes a part of me. And man will it be weird to change it!

We decided that I would fully change my name, not hyphenate it. Andrew has been a bit wishy washy about what he wants - but I decided that hyphenating my name, in this case, was kind of like a prenup. I can see situations where it would be necessary - usually one's where your career is in your name. This isn't the case for me, though I think I will keep my maiden name for my Art... once I've done enough research on what painters are out there (I know as an author, there is already a few Deirdre Randalls out there).  Back to what I was saying - hyphenating my name, in this situation, would be like a prenup in the way that it seems like I'm already preparing for divorce. I, myself, am so on the fence about the marriage that I have my name as a back up? I don't want a divorce - I want to work on the problems and fight through our problems and the happy ever after... so I'm going to be Deirdre Dawne Puff. Man it feels weird.


I'll get used to it though.


I've been asked if I'm getting jitters, or nervous lately. Nope. The only nerves I have are for the amount of money that has to go out in the next 10 days. We also have to buy ALL the alcohol (well what MOH doesn't bring back from Hawaii). It feels like there is so much to do... and that I'm forgetting things- though I don't think I am.

Well don't plan on hearing from me as I go into the universe of Wedding, there may be some updates - but you may not see me until I come back as Mrs. Puff!

*squee*

1 comment:

Shaz Girl said...

Well Mrs Puff, all the best, I can honestly state that I never thought wedding were so much work till I read your posts!
Sorry to hear about your niece, Thank the Lord she's alright! Hopefully no more drama, well until the wedding is over.
Hows the wedding dress looking?