Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Marketting Time

I've decided to be part of the Fairfield Market here in Chilliwack. I'm going to rent a table and set up my paintings.

I'm scared/nervous. Is it OK to admit that? I believe my art is worth it. I believe I am worth it. But I am still sending my babies out there to be judged, purchased, and pondered over. I am pimping my creativity. And I am doing this with an almost reckless abandon. My brain says I should think about it, but then I say "What the hell!" And I'm jumping into it!

See the lady who is setting this up, told me precisely what I needed to hear - What do I have to lose? If anything it will at least get my name and art out in front of the people.

Which is exactly it. Table rental is quite reasonable.

Some of the little things I need - I still have from the wedding, oddly enough wedding materials translate well into markets.

I know I need business cards made up and have been in contact (and procrastinating) for months with a good friend of mine who's been designing them.

So I know there are some things I need like: table cloth, backdrop perhaps, candy, cards with prices, float, and of course a sign. But is there anything I am missing? I am sure there's plenty.

What's your experience with local markets, trade shows, etc? How do you draw attention to your table/booth? And what should I expect from my first public event (basically) as Deirdre from Paintings by Deirdre?

No comments: