Friday, June 24, 2011

Recycled Art and Deirdre the Downer

I've been on a rush, lately, of good vibes and power - but not it seems I am coming down.

I started an Etsy shop only a week ago, posting photos of my stock of paintings and pricing them out - figuring out shipping and so on. I had/have high hopes. Mostly to make up some of the money from the honeymoon/house fund we had to spend on bills after the Wedding.

But it's been a week (ok a week and one day) and no sales have come up yet. I know, I know. They say it takes about a month or longer for your first sale. But I keep hoping it will hurry up! Can't anyone see how talented I am?! Why is Oprah not noticing me by my small group of followers, and setting me up to make BAJILLIONS?!


Last  night, while I was still in my high of hopes, I finally finished my project painting on a recycled barn window. I was really excited about this, and if I had my own house, I would be putting this up in my own kitchen or living room. Alas we don't have the wall space in our own apartment. See! All the more reason I need to sell paintings, so we can buy a house and have room to put up the art I don't sell.

Live every moment... Laugh every day... Love beyond words.


I finished varnishing the recycled barn window this morning. The varnish makes the wood a bit darker but doesn't change the paint/glass. I am so happy that I did this. I'm going to try it on canvas on a sunnier day (since I'm doing it on my half covered deck)> Maybe try it on the Yoga triage that has yet to sell.

I think it's more frustrating then anything. For a bit I was full of tons of projects, and I didn't have the time to do them because of the wedding, and now - nothing.

Mostly I'm just whining because, damn it, I'm down today.

Today is one of those days I'm wallowing in my own self pity. Yesterday I was wallowing in my self rightous, I am awesome and everyone will love everything I make. Today not so much.

I know I'll get over this.

Tonight or maybe tomorrow I'll start my painting for Trees for Life. I have a plan for something deep and dark, but I keep switching ideas. Must settle quickly on my decision.

I'm already starting to get over my down mood.

It's frustrating waiting to be noticed, so instead I'm going to research how to get noticed and stop sitting on my ass and whining. In the meantime I'll bug my friends and family to either buy my stuff or forward it off to their own network, that's what friends are for, right?

Let me know what you think of the Live Laugh Love Recycled Barn Piece, I was thinking of doing more recycled pieces and wonder how they come across.

No comments: