Monday, August 15, 2011

Moving Week

We're moving closer to work! We found a place in Langley, cute 4 bedroom newer house. We are damn excited to move, and mom is moving in with us.

So today we get the keys, and start our first of many loads. The game plan is that everyday we commute to Langley for work, we bring a car full of stuff. It's the first day, my car is loaded, and we have no more boxes left in the house - except for the open ones with those odd shaped things that don't fit in anything but an open box.

This whole procedure is in the hopes that we wont have that much to move come Saturday the 20th.

Also, emergency cleaning is needed as the landlord wants to take a look at our place, probably before she starts showing it. Which is good, but since we haven't done anything - we're now in a rush. I also need a list of things to be fixed, which I promised and have yet to do.

So why am I telling you all of this? Why it's not just to write something here so you know I haven't forgotten about my blog, but rather to explain why I havent done anything. Seriously. I've been packing and once I'm done packing, I've been relaxing (ie: being lazy as hell). And since most of everything is packed or misplaced in my house, I have no reasonably way to paint, or even get in touch with my painting mojo.

I have also been reading tons of articles, after finding tons of new artists on Twitter to follow, learning tons of new things on painting, tons of concepts I want to include and use, etc. I can't wait till we have my studio up and running and I can stat using them. The plan is to transition the double garage we are getting into a combination studio/exercise room. Since I know us, I don't think I'll have much of an issue with anyone distracting me while I'm painting. We don't do exercise.. or atleast not for a period longer then 1 month. Though hopes are high.

I have lists in my head and on my blackberry of all the things I want to do, and oh, all the new wallspace I have to fill.

But right now we need to concentrate on cleaning and fixing and moving. After that I'll probably right a very exhausted blog entry that's mostly pictures of my new studio and house - hopefully it doesn't take me a year to get it to you though.

Cross your fingers the move goes good and that Andrew and I don't end up trying to maim eachother with boxes - which is liable to happen...I don't move well.

No comments: