Monday, August 22, 2011

The Move


All packed and ready to go!
 I hate moving for multiple reasons, many of which you will see if you are on Twitter.

Packing - sucks

Not having your stuff easily accessible - sucks.


This box is just wine and alcohol related glasses.... i don't think its healthy to have a box that large for just those things.


The urge to drink - well it doesn't suck, but it isn't healthy.

important things are unpacked.

However the moving part is done. Now comes the unpacking. Ugh the unpacking. I've already done most of our closet (need to find the shoes...wherever they are), bathroom is done, bedroom is mostly done, office/library is done (well my portion.), and the kitchen is mostly done. However there are 3 important rooms that aren't. The living room, family room, and the garage/exercise room/studio/mancave. 

So unpacking is going as expected.


We have started taking the dog for walks 2-3 times a day now that he doesn't have 10 acres to run around on. Neo (the dog) has gotten a lot better behaved on walks, and we are starting to get exercise. Though i am often tempted to just not go, I do. That's the point right? Though I could reason that with all the lifting and stair climbing I've done in the past 2 days that I have had more then enough exercise...but I also know we have eaten out for almost every meal. This morning was our first time eating a meal in the house...and it was a bagel.

hiding under the bed.
My cats are not accepting the change as well as I would like. No.1 they haven't moved since they were kittens. No.2 they saw the dog. they are now petrified to go downstairs in case he see them from outside. No.3 it was a really hot move. i had them in their large cat carrier with a bad of ice at the bottom for them to lay on and a small cup of water for them. Bella has adapted a bit better, despite actually having a run in with the dog, and is still the more curious of the two, however, Laine has just barely made the few steps out of under the bed...though yesterday he did get himself trapped in the living room (because the dog could see him near the stairs, he therefore couldn't go up them...).

We also don't have cable or Internet. Not for lack of trying though. Turns out that ALL of the outlets in the house are "dead". Therefore somebody else has to be called to get those working and then they can install our Internet and TV. Ugh, I don't know how long I can handle not catching up on my True Blood episodes.

That's another reason I hate moving. I still haven't seen last week's True Blood, and now I haven't seen yesterday's either.

But being in Langley is nice. The 20 minutes commute through town is much better then the hour through 3 towns. Getting home and not being exhausted, I imagine, will be even better (though I'll have to wait till the moving exhaustion goes away, to test that).


Another cool thing about moving (especially about moving with mom) is that she has all this random stuff. Okay, for the most part that's a negative, cause alot of it is shit she hasn't seen or used since she moved in with her husband, but some of it is cool. Like I went through a box and found my old sketch pad from high school! So cool! I also found an animorphs book, specifically the one I mentioned in my last blog about Book Influences. I noticed, going through the old sketch pad, that I was actually good. Alot of it was romantic, a little anime, and a little sexual - typical me in high school (that sounds a bit weird though), but it was good. i used to sketch often, and I spent much more time sketching then I do now, now it is just a outline for what I will paint (unless it's chalk and charcoal, but even then, that's a different kind of sketch). I'll scan (when comp and Internet up and running) some to show you all. But I have decided I should start sketching again. Especially faces. The last sketch was this face that had the eyes, and lips shaded, to me, beautifully. It was nobody in particular, a little bit anime, but I saw it and loved it. So I have decided to start sketching again...well once unpacking is done.

The bed has been in the same place for 3.5 years...clearly.

Also, speaking of old art - i tracked down my (really) old DeviantArt account. I used to play around with graphics and changing pics...you can see my old gallery here. It's kind of amusing to me.

Also, I had good news that I made my first sale on Etsy. albeit a bit confusing because they wanted a commission, so I didn't know if they were paying for that, or if it was for the charcoals and then they wanted to discuss the possibility of a commission later.

Next weekend will be cleaning up the old apartment. It has been vacuumed, but the walls still need to be washed, as well as the Fridge, etc. Carpets need to be cleaned - ugh.

Almost done. My mantra for the past 2 weeks. It's almost true.

No comments: