Monday, May 28, 2012

May Madness

It's been about 20 days since my last update, and though nothing overtly exciting has happened, there still has been some progress in my life. (well duh).

For those wondering about mom, she is doing ok. Right ow she is actually in Calgary, AB looking into alternative treatment. We will make sure to always check with her doctors before starting anything, BUT it is promising, not only in her attitude, but the foundation she is checking out seems to have had some success.

I've been doing tons of gardening. I even had my first strawberry from the garden last week, it was delicious! Broccoli and all is growing, with the spring rain we've been having I was worried my little seedlings would be drowned, but they loved it and are growing like crazy now! Well, except for my carrots, those just aren't taking.

Andrew's been busy making me planters in between his regular job and helping out at the lake on the weekend. Ugh, he's only done 2 weekends and I'm already done with. I could be more patient, but knowing that he's leaving in July for training gives me more incentive to 1. put him to work and 2. spend the sunny times with him.

Andrew and I also had our one year anniversary on the 21st. It's hard to believe we've passed one year of marriage, but we have. So much has happened in that time and I'm still so thankful to have him in my life. With all that has gone on and Andrew has truly become my rock, amidst all this turmoil!

I leave you with some pictures of my month:

My radishes and tomatoes are coming along nicely!
Up top: cucumbers and spinach
Down below: green onion, some other lettucy stuff mom wanted, cauliflower, broccoli, and lettuce.

First strawberry!

The seedlings that are waiting for their home. Lot of beans, some tomatoes hiding, and zuchini.

My Laine, who finally got over his fear of outside and spent the afternoon laying in the shade beside me while I suntanned!


No comments: