Friday, May 27, 2016

Begin Anew

It's been a while. Gee, how many posts have started with that?
I think the last time I wrote was about my New Years Resolutions in 2013. Ah, we've had 3 years pass since then. A lot has happened in 3 years. In as close to chronological order: we got pregnant, my mom passed away, a few days later I had a miscarriage, I spent a large amount of my time dealing with that - losing myself in fitness and weed (strange coping friends), we bought a house, spent more time getting fit, got a dog, went on vacation, did fun stuff, got pregnant, had our beautiful baby girl... and BAM, 6 months later here we are!

So, as you may have guessed my daughter is now 6 months - so we're in the middle of growth spurt hell - or as I like to call it, no sleep for mom. I do get some sleep, but her schedule got all messed with her recent growth spurts so we're trying to get them back - naps, sleeping through the night, the whole lot. So far last night was a success in that she didn't think 4 am was wake up and play time. Yay!

I am still breast feeding, and plan to for up to 2 years. It is better for both of us, health wise. I could give you a slew of links to prove it - but you can also look them up yourself. If she weans before that, so be it - but I will be giving her my milk as long as I can, though maybe not necessarily from the boob as she gets older.

So with breastfeeding I have the added benefit of burning more calories - so I got pretty close to my pre-pregnancy weight right away, about 5 lbs off. I have been craving carbs since she was born - hello sleepy body needs fuel, and also... well I'm breastfeeding, can't I just eat what I want? Yeah no. Stepped on the scale yesterday and realized I was up 6 whole lbs from my last weigh in, which was only a few weeks (and meals of not giving af) ago.

So, I made the daring step to sign up with BeachBody. I've heard really good things from friends and acquaintances alike, so I decided why not. I signed up as a coach, because why not? I have lost a total of 40 lbs since my highest point in 2011. It would have been 60 lbs, but there was some gain back while I dealt with some tragedies (see above list in last 3 years).

So in the upcoming days, weeks, months, hell even years - plan on seeing more posts from my about BeachBody, coaching, being a new mom, even our renos, DIY's, etc. Pretty much, look forward to reading my life!

I look forward to hearing from you all!

No comments: